We are currently looking for a Director of Food & Beverage to lead the team at our Evolution property. The area of Food & Beverage encompasses, banquet and catering, In Room Dining, the culinary department, the Restaurant and Bar.
The Director of Food and Beverage is responsible for directing and organizing the activities of the Food and Beverage Department to ensure a consistently high-quality food product while at the same time developing his/her team and driving a positive work environment. In addition, this position is charged with consistently improving guest and employee satisfaction and maximizing revenues.
As Director of Food and Beverage, your duties will include:
- Planning and directing the functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage Department to meet the daily needs of the operation
- Describing, assigning and delegating responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments (i.e., room service, restaurants, banquet, catering, kitchen, stewards, etc.)
- Developing, implementing and monitoring schedules for the operation of all restaurants and bars to achieve a profitable result
- Participating with the Executive Chef in the creation of attractive and merchandising menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market
- Implementing effective control of food, beverage, and labor costs among all sub-departments
- Assisting in establishing and achieving profit objectives and the desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion
- Reviewing and evaluating the degree of customer acceptance of the individual restaurants and banquet service and catering; recommending new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up or the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment
- Maintaining effective communication, giving direction, training & development of staff, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance
- Creating a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with employees, guests, local community members, and vendors
If you’re an experienced, high energy hotel professional and a creative, innovative thinker, you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for. In addition, the ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 3- 5 years of experience as a Director of Food and Beverage at a property of similar size and quality
- Extensive experience in restaurant bar, banquet, catering, in room dining, and kitchen management required
- Knowledge and experience with forecasting, budgeting, labor management, and purchasing to ensure maximum productivity
- Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills, computer skills and basic technological acumen
- Ability to obtain any governmental required licenses or certificates (for example, Serve Safe certification or any other Food Handler’s permit required in the state, county, and/or city where employed)
- Multiple language abilities preferred. Fluency in English required and Spanish desired
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.