We are currently looking for a Finance Coordinator to join the team at our Residence Inn Manhattan Beach property.
As a Finance Coordinator, you’ll be responsible all accounting activities related to income auditing, cashiering, AP processing, A/R collection, tax compliance, payroll and month end processing so as to ensure financial controls, accurate reporting and hotel profitability.
Key responsibilities of a Finance Coordinator include:
- Processing timely and accurate biweekly payroll, including time edits, tip declaration, gratuity distributions and incentive disbursements in compliance with state and federal labor laws
- Processing invoices and accounts payables requests twice weekly
- Performing daily income auditing and revenue posting
- Completing daily bank deposits
- Reconciling cash and credit card deposits on a daily basis
- Performing accounts receivables functions twice weekly to include: accounts receivables billing, posting payments and making collection calls
- Performing month-end processing duties to include: completing appropriate month-end inventories and verifying accuracy as needed, ensuring that occupancy and sales tax are balanced monthly, submitting proper tax exemption paperwork to the corporate office, and posting adjusting journal entries and accruals by the fifth of the month
- Partnering with corporate Human Resources in order to ensure that associate files are maintained in compliance with state and federal law
The ideal Finance Coordinator candidate will be detail oriented and highly analytical with at least 1-2 years experience in an accounting position.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office and accounting programs
- One to two years in a Front Office, Night Audit or Accounting position highly preferred
- Ability and desire to acquire extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities
- Ability to multi-task in a high-traffic environment
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions and/or short correspondence and memos
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.