We are currently looking for an Assistant Director of Entertainment Events to join our team the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 347 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
This senior level position will work to identify and create signature large scale events for the Queen Mary.
Key responsibilities include:
• Producing and executing signature large scale events
• Managing event logistics to provide flawless execution
• Developing and implementing events across functional groups including leading team meetings, keeping and tracking timelines and project logs, and performing general project management
• Working with other departments/agencies in order to produce, ensure quality and deliver a high quality signature event
• Overseeing event budget; providing accurate forecasts and making sound financial decisions and investments to ensure a profitable event
• Analyzing event implementation and operation and making recommendations for improvement in order to ensure guest satisfaction and internal efficiencies
• Conducting post-event reporting and ROI analysis
• Developing and maintaining relationships with appropriate city and state agencies
If you have an extensive background in the Entertainment Industry (i.e., concerts, festivals, fairs), have run large events before and know what it takes to create and execute a great event then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for. This is a senior level position and we’re looking for candidates who have experience planning and executing events that generate revenues in excess of $1 million. If you do not have experience planning events of this scale, please do not apply.
• Five or more years of experience in a similar event management role
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proven organizational capabilities to successfully execute a multi-day event requiring coordination across numerous teams
• Ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
• Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
• Ability to develop professional relationships in all aspects of the position that result in stable, consistent, reliable, and courteous communication
• Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness
• High levels and respect for other company functions and the ability to work well with them as a team
• Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Ability to work a varied schedule that includes evenings, nights, and weekends