We are currently looking for a Housekeeping Manager to support daily operation and leadership of our Housekeeping Team.
As a Housekeeping Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising the Housekeeping and Laundry teams to include providing open communication, training, coaching and counseling and providing performance feedback to ensure maximum efficiency
- Completing room updates and communicating with the front desk for early arrivals, departures and extended stays in a timely manner
- Checking rooms (check-out and occupied) daily to ensure that the quality standards are being maintained by the Room and House Attendants
- Ensuring that all guest rooms, public areas and back of the house work areas meet the established standards in order to maximize guest satisfaction and revenue
- Assisting with hiring Housekeeping Team associates
- Maintaining proper inventory of linen and supplies, purchasing needed linen and supplies while staying within budget
- Administering monthly safety trainings and updating safety binders, attending safety training
- Attending staff meetings, performing daily pre-shift meetings and other meetings as needed
- Creating weekly schedules for room attendants, housemen, and laundry staff
- Monitoring house count and making staffing/scheduling adjustments accordingly
- Writing work orders and submitting them to Engineering
- Assisting team where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests
The ideal Housekeeping Manager will possess strong communication skills, a clear understanding of guest service in a hotel environment and demonstrate leadership abilities.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Minimum of two years housekeeping supervisory experience in a hotel property of similar size and quality; experience in a 4 Star or 4 Diamond property preferred
- Knowledge of Hotel policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and Hotel property
- Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals
- Ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments regarding housekeeping services/activities
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to inspect rooms on all floors of the Hotel
- Must be highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner and exhibit good judgment
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
- Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
- Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English required
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.