Finance Manager: Evolution Hospitality
We are currently looking for a Finance Manager to join our team at our property. The Finance Manager is responsible for all accounting activities related to income auditing, cashiering, AP Processing, A/R collection, tax compliance, payroll and month end processing so as to ensure financial controls, accurate reporting and hotel profitability.
- Implement and enforce all finance Signature Standards as well as applicable hotel brand standards.
- Process timely and accurate biweekly payroll, including time edits and incentive disbursements in compliance with state and federal labor laws.
- Processes invoices and accounts payables requests twice weekly.
- Detailed daily income auditing and revenue posting including:
- Review ledger details daily for guest, city and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue postings.
- Reviews Guest, House, and Group Ledgers for high balances or past due balances
- Ensures that city ledger transfers balance with Accounts Receivable detail.
- Checks the clerical accuracy of the General Cashier reports.
- Analyzes the Night Audit report to the Housekeeper’s Report on a daily basis to investigate any discrepancies on occupied rooms.
- Updates and organizes night audit packs
- Daily deposits and cashiering.
- Weekly reconciliation of cash and credit card deposits.
- Bi-weekly accounts receivables billing, payment posting and collection calls.
- Ensures that invoices, paid outs, rebates, time sheets, overtime authorizations, punch detail authorizations, etc. are properly documented and signed.
- Partner with corporate Human Resources so as to ensure accurate associate file maintenance
- Assist General Manager in preparing budget assumptions controllable expenses.
- Assist General Manager in monthly GOP forecasting.
- Review daily flash report for completion and accuracy.
- Month end processing. Prepare adjusting journal entries and accruals by the fifth of the month.
- Ensures occupancy and sales tax are balanced monthly, adheres to the tax compliance code and submits proper tax exemption paperwork to the corporate office monthly.
- Maintains control and security over hotel cash
- Handle sensitive and confidential materials and information without compromising the integrity of the organization.
- Enforce rules of conduct and discipline in accordance with company standards, the associate handbook and Guiding Principles and Values.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar accounting position and/or hotel income auditor or night auditor experience
- Experience with reading and analyzing general ledger reports
- Aptitude for performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must possess strong communication skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.