We’re auditioning for professional, outgoing and outrageous personalities to fill the role of Lead Banquet Server.
As a Lead Banquet Server, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of servers in a banquet function, interaction with Contact and insuring that service meets Hard Rock standards.
Key responsibilities of the Lead Banquet Server position include:
• Leading banquet team members as directed by the Captain, Banquet Manager and/or Director of Banquets.
• Leading the set-up of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china and glassware according to event order specifications
• Assisting in service of functions as required
• Being a Role Model for service standards
• Inspecting function rooms and equipment prior to the functions for cleanliness, proper inventory and set up
• Leading the break down after the completion of functions to ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored correctly.
• Responding to operational and/or guest issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through with appropriate manager(s)
• Communicating effectively the needs of the guest and the banquet team to management
The ideal Lead Banquet Server will have a minimum of one year of experience as a banquet server as well as conference set up and banquet bar experience. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of 21 years of age to handle alcoholic beverages
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Ability to handle, carry and/or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Ability to stand, walk, and move around during entire shift
• Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware
• Ability to take initiative and ownership to resolve problems
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must have the ability to work with guests and respond immediately and accurately to their needs and requirements
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one
• Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification (TiPS)or be capable of obtaining certification
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.