In the midst of the beautiful Napa Valley winegrowing region is the Carneros Resort and Spa, a luxurious retreat nestled among 28 acres. The resort offers modern and sophisticated accommodations, amenities as well as food and wine experiences.
The Hotel Manager is tasked with leading a guest-driven hotel with high-quality service that is being delivered through inspired associates. This leader ensures that hotel processes are effective in delivering guest satisfaction in a manner consistent with both brand quality expectations and the hotel’s profitability goals as well as having a strong associate and cultural focus by demonstrating the Evolution Hospitality Values and Guiding Principles
Perform key duties including: reading and writing reports, orally communicating with guests, managers, employees, corporate office, local associations, etc. Critically review reports of occupancy, revenue etc. Make judgments and implement changes to maximize profits while maintaining quality and guest satisfaction. Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget and annual and monthly forecasts, etc.
Interview, hire, develop, supervise and counsel department managers and other staff in the efficient operation of their respective area(s), per Evolution Hospitality policies and procedures. Meet with, develop and delegate improvement plans for the operation. Ensure that associate engagement is a strategic priority in all areas. Review the performance of the management team.
Participate in community relations activities and maintain positive public image for the property. Enhance and maintain franchise relations, meeting all franchise requirements.
Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, properly condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel. Greet and maintain rapport with employees and customers.
Facilitate meetings that keep managers and associates well-informed.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skill and ability and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budgeting, forecasting, quality assurance programs, hotel law, and the development of long-range plans.
· Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, and control.
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with management and staff effectively, clearly and concisely. Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, clear and understandable in order to formulate complex reports and communicate with the public, staff, corporate offices, and owners.
· Ability to move throughout premises and visually inspect conditions including bending, stooping and reaching arms overhead.
· Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
· Ability to remain stationary and concentrate on tasks for long periods of time.
· Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
· Ability to operate office equipment, e.g.: Computer, photocopier, fax machines, etc.
· Must be able to operate PMS & POS systems at the hotel
· Must possess strong revenue management skills
· Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience as a Director of Operations in a full service hotel; preferably in a luxury full service property
• Proven track record of building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment
• Ability to inspire associates and to create a culture of accountability
• Commitment to exceptional guest service
• Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
• Aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis
• Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style
About Carneros Resort and Spa
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Carneros Resort and Spa is the authentic Napa Valley escape. Nestled on 28 acres surrounded by rolling vineyards, this newly revitalized resort lets guests experience stylish cottage-style accommodations and elevated amenities reflect the area’s distinct charm. Relax in a private cottage featuring unique touches like alfresco showers and a private landscaped garden. Indulge in seasonally inspired dining at one of the resort’s three restaurants, FARM at Carneros, Boon Fly Café, and the guest-exclusive Hilltop Dining Room. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment at the new Spa at Carneros, or lounge poolside and enjoy panoramic views of the countryside.