We're currently in search of a talented and experienced Human Resources Director to join our team at L'Auberge de Sedona . As the Human Resource Director, you will partner with the property level leadership team acting as a trusted advisor. You will help the organization meet business goals and objectives by understanding the business needs, objectives, and challenges and by providing appropriate consultation and guidance.
Key responsibilities of the Human Resources Director include:
- Helping the Leadership Team reach their full potential by providing learning opportunities, consultation services and individual coaching for personal growth and development
- Supporting the local execution of corporate programs/communications that will impact our people (i.e. recognition, development, benefits, etc.)
- Proactively evaluating work processes and standards. Identifying methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness, and responding proactively to any needs that have arisen
- Effectively leveraging (as appropriate) corporate support for consistency in approach behind implementations and efficiency in execution
- Collaborating with and providing guidance and assistance to the leadership and management team on all human resource issues including workforce talent management, recruitment, associate relations, performance management, and legal requirements
- Planning and managing the recruitment, interviewing, hiring and orientation processes to maintain staffing levels with qualified individuals
- Assisting in the development of compensation and benefit policies and programs, ensuring the hotel is competitive and fiscally responsible. Making recommendations based on surveys and analysis
- Working with employees of all levels to resolve associate relations issues by advising management regarding employment law and compliance, coordinating investigations and recommending the appropriate next steps and/or corrective action
- Coaching supervisors and managers in managing employee performance issues
Our ideal candidate will have experience managing Human Resources in a hospitality/lodging setting as well as experience that involved interacting with a full range of employees (hourly to senior level management).
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Previous Hotel Human Resources experience required. Must have a minimum of 2 – 3 years experience as a HR director in a resort or hospitality/lodging setting
- Five or more years human resources management experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related area
- Familiarity with Federal and California Employment Law
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and serve as an advisor and trusted confidant to the leadership team of the hotel
- Analytical skills with demonstrated ability to translate data to insight and then into action
- Aptitude to perform numerical analysis of data and formulate conclusions and solutions
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and directly.
- Track record of working collaboratively with others to achieve desired results.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations
- Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English required and Spanish or Cantonese desired
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office products is required
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.