Sheraton San Jose Hotel is looking for a Housekeeping Room Attendant who is passionate about hospitality, love for service, and drive to genuinely make things better for themselves and those around them. As a Housekeeping Room Attendant, you will fill a vital role in ensuring guest satisfaction through cleanliness and guest room hotel services for each guest. You will be focused on optimizing each guest’s experience by providing a spotlessly clean hotel guest rooms, facilities and outlets and providing incredibly friendly guest service to every guest.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Love the look and smell of clean, be detail oriented, preferably with facility cleaning experience.
• Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
• Clean, dusts, sanitize, vacuum, and service assigned guest rooms daily in a timely manner and in accordance to procedures and standards
• Be graciously attentive and responsive to guest requests in a friendly manner. Answer any questions and get additional help when needed. Report appropriate complaints or requests to appropriate department. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Maintains linen cart and supplies neat and organized to department standards.
• Maintains security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
• Reports lost and found articles to supervisor.
• Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
• Perform pre- and post-shift duties and any other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
The ideal candidate for this position
Have a general knowledge of housekeeping and cleaning standards; strong attention to details; effective communicator with housekeeping team, all hotel departments and guests; basic English required; ability to operate a vacuum is expected; flexibility in duties assigned as well as varied schedule to include days, evenings, holidays and weekends when needed; team-player; train & assist in other areas of the housekeeping department; work in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking; stand, walk, lift, bend, pull, and push for extended periods of time; participate in safety and security practices; and, provide a professional image. Friendly, fun, and radiate a positive attitude. Love the look and smell of clean!