We are currently looking for a Group Rooms Coordinator to join our team at the San Mateo Marriott.
The Group Rooms Coordinator is responsible for creating and managing group blocks in the property management system (PMS).
Key responsibilities include:
- Reporting on current block status and ensuring that deadlines and inventory shortages are managed efficiently and accurately
- Creating and maintaining group/contract blocks in property management system
- Managing and maintaining inventory by room type and monitoring cut-off dates to maximize group pick-up and hotel revenue opportunities
- Attending the weekly group pick-up meeting to evaluate cut-off date extensions and potential additions to room group blocks
- Entering group rooming lists
- Serving as point of contact for individual call-in questions or issues
- Building group masters with applicable billing requirements
- Managing group commission/rebates process and ensuring all room related concessions are fulfilled in a timely and accurate manner
- Assisting in managing rates and supporting with preparation for the weekly revenue management meeting
- Balancing room type inventories in MARSHA and PMS and recommending room type overbooking to create sell through opportunities
- Assisting with General Reservations as needed to include: processing all in-house individual, group and base reservations; entering property reservation requests such as comps, employee rooms and friends & family requests as needed; processing all advance deposit postings in the property management system; and supporting the front office by promptly responding to all reservations inquiries
The ideal Group Rooms Coordinator candidate will have a minimum of two years experience in hotel reservations or related fields and have experience with a PMS.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Hotel experience in sales, reservations or front office required
- Extensive knowledge of hotel operations and systems
- Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to achieve desired results.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
- Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate a computer keyboard.
- Ability to meet varying schedules due to nature of the hospitality industry. This may include working weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand, walk, and/or sit continuously to perform essential functions for an extended period of time.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.