We’re auditioning for professional, outgoing, and outrageous personalities to fill the role of Housekeeping Room Attendant.
As a Housekeeping Room Attendant, you’ll play a big role in helping to make sure that the guest feels at home during his/her stay. You’ll be responsible for consistently providing a clean and well maintained guestroom, worthy of a rock star, for each of guests before they arrive and during their visit. As Room Attendant, you’ll also help create an inviting and relaxing sleep experience for our guests after a rock star night on the town.
Key responsibilities of a Room Attendant include:
• Cleaning assigned guestrooms in accordance with Hard Rock Hotel standards (changing bed linen, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting, etc.)
• Replenishing amenities and supplies in assigned guestrooms
• Stocking and maintaining Housekeeping cart
• Reporting any maintenance issues to Ground Control
• Acknowledging all guests in corridors using the 10/5, First and Last Rule
• Answering questions about the hotel, memo and/or music
• Answering questions about local area attractions and things to do
• Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events
• Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of local area attractions and things to do around the hotel
The minimum qualifications for the Room Attendant position are:
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Ability to move perform frequent and repetitive movements, including bending and stooping
• Must be able to lift, push, and pull a moderate weight frequently
• Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
• Ability to follow instructions, directions, and meet deadlines, including the thorough cleaning of the minimum number of rooms assigned
• Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions and basic guest requests
• Multiple language abilities preferred, some English required
• Understanding of lifestyle hotel products and guest services
• Ability to participate in the creation of an enjoyable work environment
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
• Ability to formulate and apply appropriate course of action for routine and/or familiar situations
• Previous cleaning experience preferred
• Must have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include early morning , evening, night, and weekend shifts
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.