The Hyatt Place Vacaville is a new-build hotel located adjacent to Sunrise Banquet Hall and Event Center, a popular Vacaville event venue, and near Nut Tree Plaza and the Vacaville Premium Outlets. Offering casual hospitality and purposeful service in a smartly designed, high-tech and contemporary environment, Hyatt Place Vacaville will feature stylish and comfortable guestrooms with separate spaces for sleeping, working and playing, and the amenities to accommodate guests’ lifestyles and familiar routines.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join our Engineering Team at our Hyatt Place Vacaville property.
As Maintenance Engineer, you’ll be responsible for performing general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained.
Key responsibilities of a Maintenance Engineer include:
• Responding to engineering service calls
• Completing maintenance request work orders from all departments in a timely basis
• Performing preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis
• Ensuring that equipment is working properly
• Completing other special projects as assigned by the Engineering Supervisor
The ideal Maintenance Engineer candidate will have previous hotel experience. We are looking for a high energy, motivated individual who will take ownership and who has the organization skills to manage several tasks at once.
The minimum qualifications for the Maintenance Engineer position are:
• Basic knowledge of painting, drywall, HVAC, and plumbing is preferred
• General knowledge of machines and basic hand and power tools
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
• Must be able to lift, push, and pull items that weigh up to 100 pounds
• Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions, receive job assignments and communicate progress and/or completion of assignment, and basic guest requests
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends