We are currently looking for a PBX Operator to join the team at our property.
As a PBX Operator, you’ll be responsible for handling all incoming calls in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner and for assisting with outgoing calls. In addition, you’ll play an important role in assisting with handling emergency situations (fire, medical, power/system failure) by contacting the appropriate personnel for immediate assistance.
• Answering phones in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner
• Listening and responding to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Routing inbound calls on the switchboard and assisting callers with inquiries as needed
• Assisting guests and employees with the use of voicemail
• Assisting in emergency situations as central communication center for hotel
• Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events
• Providing callers with accurate information on hotel facilities and services
• Communicating with other employees (including use of log books) to ensure that guest requests and issues are addressed as needed
The minimum qualifications for the PBX Operator position are:
• High school degree and/or a minimum of 2 years of employment in a service role
• Understanding of guest service in a hotel environment
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
• Ability to multi-task in a high-profile, high-traffic environment
• Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
• Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions and/or short correspondence and memos
• Ability to formulate and apply appropriate course of action for routine or familiar situations
• An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Tarsadia Hotels is one of the top privately-owned hotel management, development and investment companies in the US. Established in 1976, Tarsadia has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Tarsadia is recognized as a first-class developer and operator of hospitality-related assets.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Tarsadia Hotels, all associates are selected and judged on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely live Tarsadia’s unique culture.
If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Tarsadia is just the family you’re looking for.