We are currently looking for a Pool Technician to join our Engineering Team at The Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites/Waterpark.
As a Pool Technician, you’ll be responsible for performing general maintenance and repair work to ensure the pools maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responding to pool service calls
- Completing maintenance request work orders from the Pools in a timely basis
- Performing preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis
- Ensuring that equipment is working properly
- Completing other special projects as assigned by the Directors of Engineering Department.
- Conducts daily water testing and makes adjustments as needed.
- Vacuums pools daily to remove any dirt
- General Maintenance of pumps and motors
- Inspects pools, pumps, motors, slides, pump hoses, and waterpark daily
- Power washing park floors as neededWorks professionally with park management, lifeguards and guests
- Works professionally with park management, lifeguards and guests
- Cleans, maintains and repairs slides and water activities, including the tipping bucket area
- Fills chemicals
- Following and enforcing regulations and procedures
The ideal Pool Technician candidate will have previous pool maintenance experience. We are looking for a high energy, motivated individual who will take ownership and who has the organization skills to manage several tasks at once.
The minimum required qualifications are:
- Basic knowledge of water chemistry, water testing to accuracy, filtration and mechanical operations are required.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of programs that assures a safe facility and work environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull items that weigh up to 75 pounds and climb up to 10 floors of steps
- Ability to wear safety equipment as necessary
- Ability to submerge into water up to 5 feet to complete repairs as necessary.
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions, receive job assignments and communicate progress and/or completion of assignment, and basic guest requests
- Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, weekends, afterhours and on-call.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Certified Pool Operators license (CPO) or Florida state license and certifications
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.