The Legendary Riviera Resort and Spa is looking for a detailed, energetic and outgoing Purchasing Coordinator to assist the Executive Chef and Operations team by overseeing the day-to-day purchases made by the property from its affiliated vendors. The purchasing coordinator will guarantee that materials, supplies, and equipment orders are placed in a timely fashion so that the company does not suffer a shortage.
Key responsibilities of a Purchasing Coordinator include:
• Responsible for ordering all products throughout the Operation.
• Coordinates orders with Departments
• Works with Vendors& operating departments to ensure quality of product
• Evaluate product and select from multiple vendors to get best quality and price available.
• Meet with vendors on a weekly basis and update product, price, pack sizes on computer system.
• Follow proper procedures when receiving product
• Fill all food and beverage outlet(s) requisitions• Ensure correctness and accuracy of all deliveries and invoices
• Coordinate all deliveries from vendors
• Compile daily receiving reports for accounting and assist in monthly inventory.
• Stock deliveries, assist in control of all food and beverage items
• Deliver all supplies to Ships Departments
• Pickup any returns
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• 3-5 years in hotel purchasing operation
• Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Command of the English language, written and verbal
• Knowledge of MS Office products including Word; excel
• Must be alert to the customers’ needs
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays
• Must have good attendance and punctuality, Energetic, Enthusiastic and work with a smile.