- To maintain dining room policies and procedures, including service style, to ensure professional standards of restaurant operation.
- To establish and maintain winery relations within the Napa and Sonoma Regions.
- To control wine inventory, variety and cost to maintain adequate supply, quality and profitability.
- To execute monthly inventories to track wine revenues and costs.
- To execute departmental inventories and establish purchasing guidelines for the wine program.
- To design, implement and coordinate consistent wine service levels in all food and beverage outlets.
- To regularly review all food and beverage pricing and to identify all yield management revenue opportunities.
- To continually monitor service and quality standards as measured by SQS, Preferred Hotels, guest correspondence and other mystery shopper programs.
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- To extend a courteous, friendly and professional greeting to guests as they arrive to thank them as they depart.
- To continually interact with guests to ensure professional, personalized service throughout their meal.
- To maintain compliance with local safety and health ordinance regulations.
- To ensure that all outlets have regularly scheduled staff meetings, training and wine education.
- To represent and market Carneros Resort and Spa in a positive and professional manner as requested and continually promote internally and externally by attending special events when requested and building relationships both on and off property.
- To promote and comply with all policies and procedures
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions and avoid injury to self and others.
- To maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas and equipment at all times.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: High school degree or equivalent required. High level of English fluency required. **Certification is not required but you must be hospitable and have a personal drive to learn more about wine. Under the direction of the F&B Director, Beverage Director and General Manager, with years of experience in the business we will teach you everything you need to know to be a great sommelier.
The right candidate must have good wine knowledge and 5+ years experience in a kitchen driven or fine dining environment would be a plus. This individual will be a vital partner in the leadership of the service team. Oversees the execution of the beverage program that pertains to FARM, participates daily in service, provide educational opportunities for staff and assist in the oversight of the cellar inventory.
of all aspects of restaurant and bar operations and budgets, and have an overall knowledge of foods and beverages, and service standards and procedures. Familiar with OSHA, SB198, local Department of Health regulations, California liquor laws and relevant current laws governing handling of hazardous substance. Valid California driver’s license required. Proof of personal automobile insurance coverage required. Current CPR certification preferred. Hotel experience preferred.
SKILLS AND APTITUDES: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Detail oriented. Organized and efficient. Safety minded. High quality standards for production and service. Good team player. Customer service focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Constantly moving between indoor and outdoor environments, throughout shift. Indoors: Works in clean, adequately lighted restaurant and office. Exposed to weather conditions while supervising outdoor service areas. Makes frequent trips to the kitchen, where air may be warm, moist and odorous from cooking foods. Kitchen floor in uneven, and may be slippery from moisture and grease. Extensive property.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Stands/walks approximately 80% of shift. Sits at desk or in meetings approximately 20% of shift. Occasionally required to handle and move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. over short distances. Must be able to work well under pressure. Flexibility required to work long, sometimes irregular hours.