We are currently looking for an Assistant Director of Revenue Management to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 347 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
The Assistant Director of Revenue Management is responsible for supporting the efforts to maximize RevPAR and RevPAR Index through the management of room inventories, market mix and pricing strategies.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Revenue Management position include:
- Monitoring and understanding the pricing of competitors, the dynamics of the local market, and demand generators
- Analyzing and reviewing monthly and weekly STAR Report results, understanding gains or losses of RevPAR Index
- Assisting in the forecast process
- Building rate codes in the PMS
- Collaborating with the marketing department to create demand during need periods and identify strategic e-blast and other ship-wide marketing offers
- Leveraging Evolution Hospitality’s proprietary technology to drive superior results
- Assisting in the development of all pricing and market mix strategies
- Performing displacement analysis on groups to support group sales decisions
- Managing group cut-off dates and block shortfalls and overages (weekly meetings with GRC, DOS and Conference Services)
- Passionate about the job you do and the results of your efforts
- Vertically and horizontally nimble; able to drive both the strategy and implementation of ideas
- Able to use collaboration to achieve the best result
- A balanced individual interested in embracing our unique environment that weights your cultural fit equally with your results
The minimum qualifications for the Assistant Director of Revenue Management position are:
- Minimum of 1 year of hotel revenue management experience preferred
- Opera experience a plus
- College degree (BS/BA) preferred
- Skilled in problem analysis, problem solving and decision making
- Above average Excel knowledge; comfortable compiling and manipulating data
- Aptitude to perform numerical analysis of data and formulate conclusions and solutions
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Track record of working collaboratively with others to achieve desired results.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.