We are currently looking for a highly motivated, determined, well spoken and experienced Catering Sales Manager to proudly sell our property.
As a Catering Sales Manager, you’ll be primarily responsible for detailing groups and ensuring that revenue goals are achieved or exceeded by soliciting, developing and closing local corporate and social group business. Eligible for quarterly incentive bonus program.
Based on the job duties for this role, it has been classified as an Overtime Eligible Manager (OEM) position. This means that you’ll be paid for all compensable time and will earn overtime pay for time worked above the established regular-time work week. While most hours will be spent working in the office, we understand that some hours will be spent outside of the office. We value a healthy balance between work life and your personal life. If you’re interested in joining a progressive and fast-growing company, this could be the job for you!
Key responsibilities of a Catering Sales Manager include:
- Pursuing new and repeat catering business that fits the hotel sales parameters per guidelines established by the Director of Catering and/or Director of Sales
- Handling catering sales for meetings and special events
- Establishing a strong networking presence within the local hotel community
- Developing and engaging in relationship-driven and long term business relationships
- Creating awareness of groups in all internal staff, communicating information with other hotel departments in a timely manner to facilitate efficient purchasing, scheduling and staffing
- Providing personal attention to clients while they are at the hotel to ensure total guest satisfaction
- Developing relationships with local vendors for table arrangements, limousines, photographers, etc.
- Assisting in the development of banquet menus and pricing
- Conducting site inspections with potential clients
- Maintaining accuracy of Catering information in DELPHI
- Consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals
The ideal Catering Sales Manager candidate will have a minimum of one (1) year experience as a Catering Sales Manager with a proven track record of success. If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for!
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals
- Experience at a similar size and quality hotel
- Proactive sales approach; assertive and fast-paced, driven to succeed
- Track record of developing long term relationships
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of various cultural social events including, but not limited to weddings, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs and fraternal organization meetings
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of DELPHI and experience a plus!
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.