We are currently looking for a highly motivated, determined, well-spoken and experienced Executive Meeting Manager who understands the meaning of hunting to proudly sell our property.
As an Executive Meeting Manager, you'll be primarily responsible for ensuring that revenue goals are achieved or exceeded by proactively prospecting, facilitating and closing group business opportunities as well as event execution. This position services all F & B, catering and banquet events.
Based on the job duties for this role, it has been classified as an Overtime Eligible Manager (OEM) position. This means that you’ll be paid for all compensable time and will earn overtime pay for time worked above the established regular-time work week. While most hours will be spent working in the office, we understand that some hours will be spent outside of the office. We value a healthy balance between work life and your personal life. If you’re interested in joining a progressive and fast-growing company, this could be the job for you!
Key responsibilities of an Executive Meeting Manager include:
- Identifying new business that fits sales parameters by using a wide variety of means/tools
- Prospecting for new business through individual creativity and innovation
- Negotiating group business that meets or exceeds hotel revenue goals
- Negotiating contracts, ensuring that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented
- Maintaining accurate Sales Property System information on all new and ongoing leads and accounts, including solicitation efforts, traces up to date and use of To Do List
- Following proper event management procedures for event execution to include, but not limited to, BEO creation, F & B forecasting, resume communication, amenity/VIP designation and room block management
- Producing accurate contracts, banquet/catering event orders and resumes within timeframe set by hotel
- Responding to all leads and RFPs within 24 hours
- Maintaining accurate and timely internal hotel communication
- Conducting site inspections, local sales calls and attending appropriate trade shows and client events
- Creating a dynamic and positive relationship with customer from sales phase through on site execution of event
The ideal Executive Meeting Manager candidate will have at least one to two years of experience as an Executive Meeting Manager, Sales/Catering or Event Coordinator or Event Manager with a proven track record of success. If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that we're looking for!
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translate into sales solutions
- Experience at a similar size and quality hotel
- Experience in internet research and database mining
- Basic understanding of event management policies and execution
- Knowledge of general sales techniques or evidence of formal training
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of developing long term relationships
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Organizational skills including follow-up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Skills for problem-solving, analysis, effective decision-making, negotiation and interpretation of contracts
- Strong interpersonal communication and networking skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, client, and other employees of the organization
- Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels within the market
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of and experience with DELPHI or SalesPro a plus!
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.