We are currently looking for a Concierge to join our team.
As Concierge, you’ll be responsible for ensuring a hospitable and professional atmosphere in the concierge lounge while providing our guests with the highest level of service possible in an efficient, courteous and professional manner.
Key responsibilities of a Concierge include:
- Handling all guest requests and fulfilling them as quickly as possible
- Maintaining a knowledge about all aspects of the local area
- Providing information and/or answering questions about local area attractions and things to do
- Coordinating all guest requests for special arrangements or services in a courteous and efficient manner
- Maintaining a current, detailed, and organized collection of information on the area activities, events and businesses
- Informing guests of hotel services, features and room amenities
- Setting up the food service in the concierge lounge
- Maintaining the lounge cleanliness throughout shift to include: cleaning lounge tables and cleaning the floors
- Taking inventory and retrieving items for the next food service set up
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and assisting guests with any questions, directions, etc.
- Managing and resolving all guest complaints and compliments in a professional and courteous manner
- Listening and responding to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events
The ideal Concierge candidate will have previous experience as a Front Desk Agent or Concierge, exceptional communication skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for positive, upbeat individuals who can deliver total guest satisfaction.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Detailed and intimate knowledge of San Mateo and surrounding areas a must
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to multi-task in a high-profile, high-traffic environment
- Ability to use logic to define the problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions and/or short correspondence and memos
- Ability to move throughout the hotel (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
- Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds
- An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.