We are currently looking for a Room Service Server to join our team at The Landing Resort & Spa, South Lake Tahoe property.
As a Room Service Server, you’ll work with the Restaurant and Culinary department with the main job function of providing prompt and courteous delivery of all room service orders.
Key responsibilities of a Room Service Server include:
• Delivering food to guest rooms
• Ensuring that all orders are accurate prior to leaving the room service kitchen
• Memorizing the room service menu and food preparation methods as to better serve the guest
• Working with the front office team to ensure accurate and prompt delivery of guest amenities and packages
• Communicating professionally with hospitality agents and cook regarding room service requests
• Being courteous to guests and accommodating any requests for items not listed on the room service menu
• Completing daily side work including the pick-up and break down of all room service equipment from guest rooms and hotel hallways
• Expediting room service deliveries by helping fellow employees setup and complete their orders when needed
• Cleaning and breaking down trays in the dish area
• Ensuring that the oncoming shift has adequate supply of silverware, trays, napkins, condiments, etc.
• Using Micros POS to enter orders and tender payment
• Ensuring that proper payment is received from guest prior to leaving their room and that all payments are properly tracked and managed
The ideal Room Service Server candidate will possess strong communication skills and a clear understanding of guest service in a hotel environment.
The minimum qualifications for the Room Service Server position are:
• 1 year previous room service experience or 3 years of general serving experience preferred
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to get along with diverse personalities, ability to tactful and flexible
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights and weekends
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Ability to handle, carry and/or lift items weighing up to 40 pounds
• Ability to stand, walk, and move around during entire shift
• Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.