We are currently looking for a Facilities Director to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Haunted Encounters tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
As Facilities Director, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the entire property, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment with particular attention towards safety, guest satisfaction, security and asset protection. In addition, you’ll be accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
Can you say Jack of All Trades? Here are some of the things that you’ll be responsible for as Facilities Director:
• Conducting walk-throughs and visually assessing the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the property, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
• Informing the General Manager and hotel department heads on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure, related systems and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems
• Ensuring all projects, including, but not limited to, routine maintenance, repairs, replacement and renovation projects, are completed on time and according to specifications.
• Maintaining effective Energy Management and Preventative Maintenance programs and conducting special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel
• Working closely with other departments to ensure coordination of activities
• Supervising Facilities Crew Members including hiring, training, evaluations, development and disciplining
• Preparing and adjusting weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts
• Authorizing requests for personal time off, holidays for team members, schedule changes, overtime, purchase requests and expenditures
• Reviewing guest comments and ensuring that problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
• Responding to guest requests in a timely, professional and friendly manner to help ensure that we are meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
• Acting as the safety coordinator for the entire property including ensuring that all emergency equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per standards.
• Maintaining a safe and working environment throughout the property for all associates, enforcing safety guidelines and building awareness about safety
• Ensuring compliance with OSHA, Fire & Safety Laws
• Recommending capital expenditures and acquiring bids as appropriate
• Managing expenses within approved budget guidelines
• Assessing critical repairs and facilitating an immediate and cost effective response
• Implementing and managing procedures and practices that ensure quality assurance for work performed by property maintenance teams
• Ensuring that there is an adequate inventory of parts, supplies, tools and materials available through effective ordering
The ideal candidate for the Facilities Director position will meet the following criteria:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Chief Engineer (or similar) in a hotel, hospital, or building
• Must have a thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment such as chillers, boilers, water softeners, and refrigeration equipment
• Must have extensive working knowledge of building systems to include but not limited to; HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, painting and carpentry
• Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.