We’re looking for an Executive Steward to join our kick-ass crew in the Main Kitchen and Banquets!
REQUIRED TRAINING: ServSafe (Sanitation) Certificate
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Previous Stewarding leadership experience including knowledge of kitchen operation dishwashing machine, knowledge of MSDS specifications.
• Able to stand for 8 hours
• ServeSafe (or Similar) Certification required
• Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Command of the English language, written and verbal
• Heavy lifting (50 lbs), bending, stooping and standing
• Must be alert to the customers’ needs
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays
• Must have good attendance and punctuality, Energetic, Enthusiastic and work with a smile.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES (include but are not limited to)
• Assist Executive Chef in scheduling according to forecast and events’
• Works closely with Stewarding leads and Night Cleaner supervisor
• Attend Chef’s meeting and BEO meeting
• Conducts quarterly china, glass, silver inventory with outlet managers
• Check daily staffing according to schedule in all areas, confirm assignments
• Check Banquet Event Orders for daily banquet events
• Check banquet equipment set-ups / complete if necessary
• Conducts daily walkthroughs of kitchen areas, maintains cleanliness
• Delivers banquet set-up / equipments
• Creates “pull list” for banquet equipment, assign duty to staff
• Place plates and plate covers in heater boxes for dish-ups as needed for am and pm banquets
• Pick up BEO’s from Catering Office, arrange and distribute sets to Executive Chef, Chef Garde Manger, Executive
Sous Chef, Banquet Kitchen and Stewarding
• Stewarding (Organize in file box in Stewarding Office by day / date)
• Do daily BEO revisions in Chef’s book and on Stewarding Board
• Check all areas for supplies (soap, chemicals, can liners, etc), Issue as needed
• Keep Silver Room separated and organized. Keep door locked
• Maintain polished chafing dishes, trays and serving utensils
• Check soap room for supply inventory (advise Chef to order)
• Check Sterno inventories (2 hour and 6 hour – advise Chef to order)
• Check supplies – hats, can-liners, aprons, mop heads, scrubbers, etc.
• Check areas following events to make sure all is clear, cleaned and stored
• Monitor dish rooms – organization / storage. Return all equipment to designated areas.
• Make sure all kitchens are organized, clean, swept and mopped on regular basis
• Maintains cleaning projects – i.e. polishing chafers cleaning speed racks, hot boxes, etc.
• Maintain recycling procedures and practices
• Check Cafeteria for stock: plates, trays, silverware, cups and glasses.
• Check with kitchen on dish up and box times for parties. Provide needed support
• Sunday Brunch equipment set-up, break down, maintenance
• Have plates polished for Sunday Brunch
• Check dish machines, notify Chef of problems or maintenance issues
• Check water softeners, monitor salt
• Maintain soap room, put away supplies upon delivery. Keep area locked
• Check areas following events, make sure all food leftovers are returned to Main Kitchen, equipment is clean and organized, properly stored
• Trains new hires on operation of equipment
• Monitor staff adherence to policies and procedures, conduct regular meetings
• Projects as assigned by Chef including but not limited to…Special events and parties
• Distribute Pay checks
• Monitors payroll and staffing, hires staff based on need / open job requisitions
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one
APPEARANCE AND GROOMING: All staff members are required to follow the guidelines set forth by the company handbook and/or dress code policy.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, ability to write simple correspondence, ability to effectively present one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other staff members of the organization and hospitality community. Bilingual in Spanish language preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished written, oral, or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations and ability to address customer personalities in various business situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, to handle and feel objects, tools controls and type; talk with and hear guests. The staff member is required to stand and walk during shift. The staff member will lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The specific vision abilities required are close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The staff member will work in a high traffic/high volume business environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.