We are currently looking for an Operations Supervisor to join our Cavalier Oceanfront Resort property.
As an Operations Supervisor, you will oversee all the duties of our front office and food/beverage operation. This includes but is not limited to: supervision of the front desk, training and associate development, ensuring an exceptional guest experience at the front desk, during our peak meal service in our three meal a day restaurant and housekeeping operation to ensure effective resolution of guest issues.
Key responsibilities of an Operations Supervisor include:
• Ensuring that both teams are providing exemplary guest service in accordance with property standards;
• Ensuring guest needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional and friendly manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable;
• Ensuring that all safety and security policies and procedures are followed;
• Assisting with interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing associates;
• Assisting with evaluating team performance and taking appropriate corrective action as needed to hold team members accountable;
• Assisting with setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing associates in a way that helps each associate realize his/her full potential.
• Assisting with the preparation of and adjusting of weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts and business needs;
• Reviewing guest comments and ensuring that problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner;
• Maintaining an efficient system of communication, between the Front Office/F+B outlets and other departments, with particular attention to guest satisfaction;
• Monitoring and maintaining key systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance;
• Assisting with product ordering and managing inventories for all areas;
• Responsible for assisting with cost controls, minimizing waste and optimizing profit for the hotel
The ideal Operations Supervisor candidate will possess strong communication skills, a clear understanding of guest service in a hotel environment and demonstrate leadership abilities.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Two years combined front desk experience in a hotel property of similar size and quality;
• Experience in food service is preferred;
• Supervisory experience preferred;
• Bartending experience preferred;
• Must be highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment;
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner and exhibit good judgment;
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice;
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible;
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends;
• Must be legally able to pour & serve alcohol (21+) in California;
• Must obtain (or already possess) and maintain ServSafe;
• TIPS certifications or their equivalent.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.