The Opportunity: We are currently looking for a Restaurant Server for breakfast shifts to join the team at our newly opened AC Hotel by Marriott in Santa Clara.
In this important position you will be responsible for serving a great buffet breakfast with limited a la carte offerings and a delicious espresso menu to guests in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner that represents our modern and discerning brand.
Job Responsibilities- Key responsibilities of a Restaurant Server include: Greeting guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explaining our menu and style of service; Taking orders, using a guest check/ticket; Answering questions about menu and pricing, preparation, ingredients and plate presentation; Making food and beverage recommendations to guests as appropriate, even above and beyond what is offered; Ensuring the guest needs are met, including keeping beverages full, providing additional condiments and/or food items, and checking back with guests during their meal; Presenting check in a timely manner; Collecting payment and providing change in a timely manner; Balancing end-of-day paperwork, including cash, credit card and due backs with minimal errors, overages or shortages; Completing side work; Supporting other areas of the restaurant as necessary; Maintaining a complete knowledge and understanding of menu items
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Must be able to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels, instructions, and basic requests
- Must possess proficient knife skills
- Ability to use cut glove and other kitchen safety equipment
- Ability to adjust to high pressure situations and be open to change
- Ability to work where there is frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high and low temperatures and humidity
- Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
- Ability to handle, carry and/or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, holidays and weekends
- Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or have the ability to earn one (we will provide training and testing)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Breakfast service hours (not schedules)
- Monday – Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Saturday – Sunday, 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m
AC Hotel Breakfast Experience:
CROISSANTS: Fresh dough, layered with butter, rolled and folded several times by hand, resulting in a layered, flaky texture - croissants have long been a staple of bakeries abroad. Imported directly from France to our AC Kitchen, we’re delighted to share these with you. For those of you with a sweet tooth, try topping off your buttery croissant with our Michigan Red Tart Cherry Preserve
INSPIRED COFFEE: In the AC Kitchen, even the coffee we serve has a story. Torrefazione Coffee founder Umberto Bizzari grew up in Perugia, Italy and learned the fine art of blending and roasting coffee from his father. With our drip brewed coffee, we honor the quality of the Torrefazione beans by returning to the classic brewing method. Water seeps through the ground coffee, absorbing its oils and essences, solely under gravity. We offer Torrefazione Coffee hot or cold brewed. Stylish carafes of plain or flavored iced coffee are readily available, and Nespresso drinks arrive tableside, delivering our guests with an unexpected coffeehouse experience that they don’t have to leave the hotel to enjoy
ARTISANAL AIR-CURED HAM: Hand sliced cured jamon or prosciutto is the staple of Spanish tapas and anchors our charcuterie. A hand turned artisan slicer is used to prepare the meat in small thoughtful batches, reinforcing our mission of quality, crafted food.
Located just five miles from San Jose International Airport and minutes from some of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley, AC Hotel San Jose Santa Clara offers a refreshingly elegant and thoughtful experience for the modern business traveler. Blending Spanish roots and a European soul with the authentic local vibe of the rich Santa Clara Valley, the property is a sophisticated oasis away from the hustle and bustle of life. Designated as a LEED Silver Certified hotel, the property features 188 guest rooms and suites across 7 floors and includes two meeting rooms, media salons, and 5,000 square feet of outdoor gathering space. Guests will enjoy on-site parking and a sophisticated patio experience with a swimming pool, outdoor fireplace and lounge seating.
Evolution Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity Employer