We are currently looking for an Assistant Housekeeping Manager to support the Housekeeping Director in the daily operation of the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments at DoubleTree Doheny Beach - Dana Point.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Housekeeping Manager include:
- Checking rooms (check-out and occupied) daily to ensure that the quality standards are being maintained by the Room and House Attendants
- Ensuring that all guest rooms, public areas and back of the house work areas meet the established standards in order to maximize guest satisfaction and revenue
- Opening the Housekeeping Department as needed, preparing and designating room attendant’s and house attendant’s daily assignments including PM room attendants, turn-down and late check-out rooms, as well as DND room assignments
- Managing laundry operations to ensure maximum productivity, proper chemical/detergent use, and efficient supply distribution to room attendants
- Ensuring proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for employees and ensuring that hazardous supplies are labeled in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Planning, organizing and monitoring housekeeping team activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards
- Supervising the Housekeeping and Laundry teams to include providing open communication, training, coaching and counseling and providing performance feedback to ensure maximum efficiency
- Assisting with hiring Housekeeping and Laundry associates
- Assisting with inventory management purchasing and cost control
- Monitoring house count and making staffing/scheduling adjustments accordingly
The ideal Assistant Housekeeping Manager will possess strong communication skills, a clear understanding of guest service in a hotel environment and demonstrate leadership abilities.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Minimum of two years housekeeping supervisory experience in a hotel property of similar size and quality
- Knowledge of Hotel policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and Hotel property
- Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals
- Ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments regarding housekeeping services/activities
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to inspect rooms on all floors of the Hotel
- Must be highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner and exhibit good judgment
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
- Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
- Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English required
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.