|About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for an Executive Chef to lead the culinary team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 314 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
The Executive Chef is responsible for managing all kitchen operations and staff on a daily basis to ensure a consistently high-quality food product while at the same time developing his/her staff and driving a positive work environment. In addition, this position is charged with consistently improving guest and employee satisfaction and maximizing revenues.
As Executive Chef, your duties will include:
• Overseeing day-to-day operations of all in-house culinary areas including Banquets, Restaurants, Room Service and Employee Cafeteria
• Developing and implementing new menus for all in-house culinary areas including Banquets, Restaurants, Room Service and Employee Cafeteria
• Working closely with outlet managers to ensure that the front of the house staff is knowledgeable of menu items and preparation
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with employees, customers and vendors
• Ensuring employees follow safety, sanitation and security procedures
• Responsible for all food preparation, productivity and control for all food outlets and banquet facilities
• Hiring, training, supervising, scheduling and participating in activities of chefs, cooks and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls and forecast needs
• Minimum of 5 years experience as an Executive Chef in a 4 Star or 4 Diamond property
• Extensive culinary skills, including a minimum of 2 – 4 years of culinary schooling
• Knowledge and experience with forecasting, budgeting, labor management, and purchasing
• Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation
• Proven success in a high quality operation
• Demonstrated ability to create fresh and exciting menus and individual menu items for outlets based on current food trends and regional taste
• Must be creative, knowledgeable of current culinary trends, and a professional who realizes that they are a strategic partner in the success of the hotel
• Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control
• Ability to obtain any governmental required licenses or certificates (for example, Serve Safe certification or any other Food Handler’s permit required in the state, county, and/or city where employed)
• Multiple language abilities preferred. Fluency in English required and Spanish desired
An Equal Opportunity Employer