We are currently searching for an experienced and dynamic Director of Rooms to lead the Front Desk, Arrivals and Housekeeping teams at our property.
As Director of Rooms, you’ll be responsible for providing supervision, direction and leadership for all Rooms Operations of the hotel while ensuring the highest level of service for our guests. This is a hands-on position and the Director of Rooms will be responsible for supervising procedural aspects of the hotel’s front desk on a daily basis and maintaining a presence during peak traffic periods. In addition, the Director of Rooms will participate in total hotel management as a member of the hotel Executive Committee.
Key responsibilities of a Director of Rooms include:
• Establishing goals, measurements and action plans for Rooms Operations and providing the training, support and accountability required to enable team members to meet established goals
• Supervising the front desk and arrivals team on a day-to-day basis
• Maintaining an active presence at the front desk and arrival areas
• Developing a strong team through effective and consistent leadership and operational savvy
• Ensuring that guest and colleague concerns are resolved in a professional and timely manner
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members so that team members can exceed guest expectations
The minimum qualifications for the Director of Rooms position are:
• 2 - 3 years experience in rooms management, as a Rooms Director, or as a Front Office Manager who is ready for the next step in his/her career; experience with a Branded Hotel or upscale full service property is a plus
• Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve practices or develop new approaches
• Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Rooms Discipline and Hospitality Profession
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results and motivate a team toward common goals
• Commitment to exceptional guest service
• Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
• Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.