Senior Manager of Social Media
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT (defines the major functions/purpose of the position)
The Social Media (Sr.) Manager will be responsible for creating a disruptive and effective social media strategy and execution for the St. John brand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with the CMO to define the social media strategy for St John with strong emphasis on Instagram and WeChat.
• Execute and manage St. John’s social strategy to drive brand awareness, grow followers across all platforms, and build community through meaningful engagement.
• Lead amplification strategies, identifying and presenting ways to drive media value in social channels.
• Develop and oversee influencer and KOL strategic plans ensuring maximum impact to the brand and brand channels.
• Develop social media strategy, calendars and campaigns that help to achieve corporate marketing goals.
• Create methods for rapid growth of Instagram followers and increased engagement.
• Manage content calendars, identifying relevant opportunities and maintaining creative strategy through posting on social channels, specifically WeChat, Instagram feed and stories.
• Collaborate with creative team to build and post content, utilizing technology and trend.
• Monitor the company’s social media accounts and offer constructive interaction with users.
• Track social performance by owning social media calendar and pipeline, reporting dashboards, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, and regular capture of social media data.
• Analyze the long-term needs of the company’s social media strategy and offer reports to the management and executive teams that outline any necessary changes to the digital marketing plan.
• Accountable for driving overall social media performance, including but not limited to social media followers, social media engagement, influencer marketing revenue lift, and campaign performance.
• This role has no direct reports.
• Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Ability to independently lead social media campaigns on a global level.
• Proven ability to influence and communicate effectively with senior executives.
• Advanced decision-making skills with proven ability to drive direction and alignment with large cross-functional teams.
• Must provide examples of developing and executing on social media strategies to grow audiences and deliver on engagement metrics.
• Track record of driving adoption of new ideas and concepts, and pioneering new approaches within your team or company.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and external agencies/partners/talent.
• Creative thinker with passion for developing and delivering big ideas for our customers.
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
• Extreme attention to detail with relentlessly high standards.
• Innate willingness to roll up your sleeves.
• Exceptional verbal and written skills.
• 7+ years of experience leading social media strategies for Fashion Luxury brands
• Bachelor’s degree
• Social media fluent. You know the relevant platforms and what’s happening on them; have strong relationships with social media titans and thorough knowledge of which platforms are relevant to the brand
• Social media reporting capabilities and ability to connect social media KPIs with overall marketing and business objectives
• Experience working with influencers and KOLs to build strong brand partnerships and content
• Experience with the China Market and WeChat in the context of Fashion Luxury a plus
• Experience working in a fashion company with proven ability to bring “collection/product stories” to life through compelling content & influencer strategies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms
• Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 20 pounds