POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
Responsible for creation and maintenance of weekly, monthly, seasonal and annual merchandise plans and forecast. This position holds full responsibility for continually analyzing business results and producing sales/inventory forecasts in order to capture upside potential and minimize sales risk. Responsible for creation and development of business strategies to maximize sales profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create, develop, maintain and communicate OTB reports, departmental, financial, and inventory strategies to drive and maximize sales while minimizing risk for Outlet
• Rigorously analyze all sales data/trend/results utilizing all tools available (POS, Traffic counters, KPIs, Event results, CRM, etc.) to provide productive financial sales plans and forecasts.
• Analyze historic performance, trends and previous sales strategies to identify, communicate and create plans to address areas of opportunity or risk in current plans and provide solutions to Senior Management.
• Develop, maintain and update tools, reports, etc., to support the business and complete ad hoc reporting as needed to drive or react to the current or future business needs.
• Continually review and evaluate product forecast strategies against target thresholds and sales trend data and develop strategies to address any shortfall.
• Assist Buyers in developing assortment plans based on store group profiles and recommend SKU amendments nationally, regionally or by time period.
• Partner with buying team to develop strategies to be executed against the merchandise OTB plan.
• Manage inventory plans from investment through allocation execution; including ongoing evaluation of business results and trends and create updated data reacting to and in order to anticipate business exposures.
• Drive the formulation and profitable execution of forecasting, planning, and inventory management for any replenishment programs.
• Work cross-functionally with Finance, Buying, Merchandising and Allocation department; leading teams to develop work plans to address key strategic issues.
• Establish relationships and communication with all retail functional teams: Buying, Marketing, Events, Visual, Field Leaders to incorporate all aspects into forecasting.
• Ad hoc analysis with conclusions and action plans as requested by senior management and cross functional teams.
• Establish best practices and identify process improvement opportunities.
• Leadership – Must be able to work well with and influence others at all levels within organization to be successful.
• Strategic Problem Solving & Decision Quality- Must be able to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results: with strong proficiency in math
• Risk Management- Anticipates risk and identifies contingency plans and processes to prevent disruption when risks occur
• Results Oriented & Solution Oriented
• Accurate, Detail Oriented and Thorough
• Strong Organizational and Time Management skills
• Self-starter – Must be a results driven go-getter who thrives in a fast paced environment.
• Easily adaptable and willing to put on multiple hats when needed.
• Communication – Must have excellent listening, verbal, written and presentation skills and is effective in a variety of presentation settings including; one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and supervisors
• Bachelor's Degree highly preferred
• 3 + years in merchandise planning (apparel and luxury preferred)
• Advanced knowledge of Excel; Pivot Tables and VLookup functions
• Advanced retail math/data analytical skills
• Other computer programs: NSB, Movex, Crystal - desirable, but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms
• Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 20 lbs