Accounts Payable Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT (defines the major functions/purpose of the position)
Position will support the Accounts Payable Manager in addition to having two direct reports. Responsibilities include training and assisting all AP Specialists to ensure accuracy in all Accounts Payable processes and adherence to Accounts Payable procedures. Professionalism and multi-tasking ability are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Knowledgeable and cross trained on all A/P Specialists’ desks with the ability to address escalated concerns or issues that may arise and will backfill as support on all desks as needed.
• Maintain Vendor Master and Form W-9 file.
• Research, analyze and resolve complex payment and vendor issues related to inventory and retail vendors/invoices.
• Process all invoices for International vendors. Determine payment method and correct currency. Prepare wire packages as necessary based on vendor payment terms.
• Process invoices for Customs and Duty vendors.
• Convert and key invoices that are billed in foreign currency.
• Coordinate wire, EFT and LC payments to ensure that they are complete by end of week.
• Record all wire, EFT and LC payments weekly.
• Handle domestic vendor accounts as assigned by manager.
• Back up for processing check runs and manual checks.
• Sort checks on check run day; pull vouchers that are paid.
• Ensure that checks are signed and mailed on a timely basis.
• Process invoices for certain confidential matters (e.g. legal).
• Work with various departments to ensure that expenses are coded properly.
• Perform reconciliation on A/P activity, e.g., Received Not Invoiced balances.
• Data entry for all special request vouchers.
• Reconcile bank statement at month-end to ensure that all wires, EFT’s and LC’s have been recorded.
• Coordinate monthly A/P accrual upload.
• Assist with annual audit and 1099 process
• Ensure that AP Paid files are orderly and up-to-date; assist with packing and moving
• Manage and complete all projects as assigned
• Special requests as needed
Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management.
• Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance.
• Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations.
• Adheres to local, state and federal laws.
• Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department.
• Direct supervision of two Accounts Payable Specialists.
• Oversees training of A/P Specialists.
• Provides coaching, direction, develops and empowers direct reports.
• Ensures work flow and processes are to maximum efficiencies for business necessity.
• Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Results Oriented
• Time Management
• Honesty and Integrity
• Client Focus
• 5 years of Accounts Payable Experience.
• Strong understanding of Accounts Payable with high-volume experience.
• Knowledge of vendor maintenance and its relation to the 1099 process.
• Ability to work independently while still communicating with Manager, Colleagues and all levels of management.
• Excellent computer skills, including Excel.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet weekly, monthly, quarterly deadlines.
• Must practice high level of confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills; attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ten-key by touch capability.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports.
• Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers.
• Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms.