POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT (defines the major functions/purpose of the position)
The Fit model participates and provides pertinent feedback in all fittings within the design & technical departments. Primary function is to try on design/product development samples and production garments to help designers/technicians and pattern makers determine construction and fit changes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain pre-determined St. John model size measurements and participate in monthly measurement sessions
• Attend fittings promptly and for the entire duration
• Manage design fit data (managing photos & entering fit dates/data in design database)
• Provide essential feedback on garment fit and feel
• Wear test garments upon request
• Manage/schedules all fittings including organizing of all needed fit material (documentation /tools)
• Personal grooming and attire must be business and brand appropriate at all times
• Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication and teamwork with customers, peers and management
• Maintain a positive demeanor
• Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
• Upholds and maintains confidentiality and professionalism in all levels of communication (verbal and written) at all times
• Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
• Adheres to local, state and federal laws
• Open to additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
• Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
• This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
• Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Time Management
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED), college preferred
• 2 - 4 years’ relevant experience as a Fit Model, luxury brand a plus
• Working knowledge of Word, Outlook and a phone system
Must meet all required model size measurements and maintain to St. John’s satisfaction:
o Height: 5’6” - 5’8”
o C.B. neck to waist: 16
o Shoulder to Shoulder: 15 ½”- 16”
o Sleeve Length (C.B. to wrist): 32”- 32 1/2”
o Bust: 36 1/2"-37"
o Midriff 32”
o Waist: 28 1/2” - 29”
o High Hip: 34”- 35”
o Low Hip: 38 1/2” - 39”
o Bicep- 1” below armhole: 11-11 1/2"
o Thigh Circumference- 1” below rise: 22”- 23”
o Calf Circumference: 13 ½”- 14 ½
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Standing, walking and squatting the majority of the work shift