Emergency Room Technician - .6 day/eve
Emergency Room Technician - .6 day/eve 11am-11pm and every third weekend rotation
- Responsible for direct care of the patients in the Emergency Center under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN).
- Rapidly assess patients needing immediate emergency care and communicate to RN team members
- Recognize any changes in patient condition and report to the RN
- Gather accurate demographic data at patient bedside. Obtain info from patient's relatives, paramedics, police officers or others
- Conducts and performs EKG's and other patient procedures - application of orthopedic appliances, insertion of catheters, blood collection, set up chest drainage system, laceration trays, wound prep, care and dressing, assist medical providers with splint application and patient positioning.
- Coordinate with other hospital personnel (i.e. respiratory techs, x-ray techs, CT techs, etc.) to arrange special procedures
- Maintain quality, safety and infection control standards
- Maintains department supplies by inventory and stocking
- Maintain patient flow in the department - use tracking board to document patient arrivals and room placements, organize charts for each patient
- Accurately document. Ensure charts are complete and have proper identification and then send to medical records for scanning
- Prepare patient charts as needed for admissions/transfers/OR, communicate with care team
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED
- BLS certification
Must have one of the following:
- Official Certification from ER Tech Program
- Current WI EMT License
- Current WI CNA with current completion of 1 year of RN schooling; equivalent ERT experience may be substituted for RN schooling.
- Current bedside experience preferred.
- Electronic medical record experience preferred.
- Clerical experience preferred
Located just off I-94 between the Minnesota and Wisconsin border, you’ll find exceptional, personalized care at Hudson Hospital & Clinic. With our internationally recognized healing arts program, we invite you to experience Hudson Hospital & Clinic warm, comforting healing environment. As part of HealthPartners family of care, we offer access and choice to our patients and focus on quality health care for the communities we serve.