POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
Responsible for creation and maintenance of weekly, monthly, seasonal and annual merchandise plans and forecast. This position holds full responsibility for continually analyzing business results and producing sales/inventory forecasts in order to capture upside potential and minimize sales risk. Responsible for creation and development of business strategies to maximize sales profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create, develop, maintain and communicate reporting on departmental, financial, and inventory strategies to drive and maximize sales while minimizing risk.
• Rigorously analyze all sales data/trend/results utilizing all tools available to provide productive financial sales plans and forecasts
• Analyze historic performance, trends and previous sales strategies to identify, communicate and create plans to address areas of opportunity or risk in current plans and provide solutions to Senior Management.
• Partner with wholesale sales team to develop strategic sales plans by division and department.
• Continually review and evaluate product forecast strategies against target thresholds and sales trend data and develop strategies to address any shortfall.
• Set top line revenue targets and provide assortment planning guidance for seasonal buys to help ensure proper penetration by product category. Ensure style level forecasts support retailer and corporate financial plans and make recommendations to sales team to address discrepancies.
• Manage inventory plans from initial investment through off-price; including ongoing evaluation of business results and trends and create updated data reacting to and in order to anticipate business exposures.
• Drive the formulation and profitable execution of forecasting, planning, and inventory management for any replenishment programs.
• Work cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, Buying, and Merchandising departments; leading teams to develop work plans to address key strategic issues.
• Ad hoc analysis with conclusions and action plans as requested by senior management and cross functional teams.
• Establish best practices and identify process improvement opportunities.
• Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
• Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
• Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
• Adheres to local, state and federal laws
• Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
• Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
• This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
• Ensures work flow and processes are to maximum efficiencies for business necessity
• Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors
• Leadership – Must be able to work well with and influence others at all levels within organization to be successful.
• Strategic Problem Solving & Decision Quality- Must be able to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results: with strong proficiency in math
• Risk Management- Anticipates risk and identifies contingency plans and processes to prevent disruption when risks occur
• Results Oriented & Solution Oriented
• Accurate, Detail Oriented and Thorough
• Strong Organizational and Time Management skills
• Self-starter – Must be a results driven go-getter who thrives in a fast paced environment.
• Communication – Must have excellent listening, verbal, written and presentation skills and is effective in a variety of presentation settings including; one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and supervisors
• 5 - 8 years in Merchandise Planning (apparel and luxury highly preferred)
• Advanced knowledge of Excel; Pivot Tables and VLookup functions
• Advanced retail math/data analytical skills
• Other computer programs: NSB, Movex, Crystal - desirable, but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
• Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
• Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms