POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
Operator must be able to perform most difficult single needle operations while meeting or exceeding the minimum level of company provided efficiency and quality requirements. In addition the incumbent will be required to assemble an entire garment utilizing construction information, a technical package, a sample pattern and sew by sample, if available, while maintaining high level of efficiency and quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to perform all sewing level 1 , 2 and 3 skills proficiently
• Ability to thread and operate minimum of 6 specialty machines
• Completes assembly of woven or knitted jacket with or without sewn on trims, making and/or setting piping, bias bindings, bound buttonholes, collars, facings, inseam, welted or patch pockets, front or pocket zippers and cuffs including fully lined garments
• Completes assembly of complex woven or knitted pants & skirts with or without pockets, elastic or constructed waistbands, pleats, slits and trims including fully lined garments
• Completes assembly of complex tops such as blouses, shells, tanks with or without topstitching or trim details, ruffles, polo shirt placket, hidden placket or sleeve placket and bias bindings including fully lined tops
• Completes assembly of dresses or gowns with or without zippers, bias or tubular facings and decorative topstitching details
• Overlocks and completes assembly of knit based (jersey, nuda, interlock) T-shirts and tops using folder trims and or cut trims or facings
• Administers and executes concept swatches
• Communicates and partners with line manager, pattern maker, Technical Design and Creative Design teams
• Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
• Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
• Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
• Adheres to local, state and federal laws
• Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
• Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
• This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
• Interacts with other sewers, line managers, material handlers, pattern makers, technical designers and creative designers and department managers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Honesty & integrity
• Problem Solving
• Solution Orientated
• 8 years or more of industrial sewing experience and /or 3-5 years of sample making experience
• Knowledge of garment construction for knits and woven fabrications
• Knowledge in woven fabrications preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Ability to read, all documentation and reports
• Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms