POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The Assistant Controller is responsible for general accounting judgments with regard to application of accounting principles and policies, financial reporting, and external audit execution. This role manages all organizational day to day operations and associated accounting for Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Fixed Assets and Travel & Expense related items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the accounting operations and activities including systems, process and projects
• Responsible for records and management of accounting records including a comprehensive set of controls to mitigate risks
• Identify and execute expense reduction initiatives in order to increase long term savings.
• Manage daily operational transaction processing to assure effective and efficient results.
• Automate transaction processing in order to increase quality and reduce risk.
• Program management for specific related projects and project supporting company initiatives.
• Drive excellence through application of process improvement methodologies and practices.
• Practically apply experience in areas of intercompany transactions including account reconciliations and financial reporting.
• Assist external audit efforts by providing necessary support and required documents and information.
• Research and analyze complex accounting situations to develop and execute effective and efficient solutions.
• Manage the team structure to effectively plan and execute activities to drive continuous improvement.
• Manage the processing and reporting of sales and use tax is all jurisdictions.
• Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
• Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
• Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
• Adheres to local, state and federal laws
• Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
• Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary to support the business need
• This position supports between 2-3 direct reports
• Provides coaching, direction, develops and empowers direct reports
• Ensures work flow and processes are to maximum efficiencies for business necessity
• Interacts with all levels throughout organization including Senior Management, employees, and outside vendors
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication
• High degree of accuracy
• Embraces Change
• Honesty and Integrity
• Highly motivated
• Results/Solution Orientated
• Collaborative thinking
• Strategic Agility
• Strategic Planning
• Time Management
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Accounting MSA/MBA or CPA/CMA highly preferred
• 6+ years’ experience within accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliation, and month end closing
• 2+ years of Management Experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Standing, walking and squatting less than fifty percent of the work shift
• Required to lift, move and carry up to 20 pounds
• Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
• Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms