Buyer - Retail
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The role of Buyer is responsible to deliver product assortment, revenue, gross profit and sell through targets for St. John Retail Boutiques. The Buyer plays a pivotal role in the implementation of brand, product and planning strategies. Forward thinking mindset with global luxury client at the forefront of strategy and execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead and inspire the Buying function to deliver a product assortment that ensures the achievement of sales and profit targets.
• Demonstrate ability to develop, plan, present and execute various buying strategies across multiple locations and geographic regions.
• Collaborate with Planning partner(s) to develop and execute assortment strategy.
• Partner with the Head of Merchandising and the wider management team- Ecommerce, Retail, Operations, Marketing and Finance to ensure delivery of the annual budget and strategic objectives.
• Partner with Financial Planning to ensure assortment strategy supports department level financial targets.
• Review actual sales performance weekly/monthly, driving inventory turn and maximizing product strategies in season.
• Develop program assortment plans based on store levels, planned sales volume, fixture capacity, visual presentation guidelines and seasonal variances.
• Analyze OTB and take action as necessary by reviewing sales and inventory against financial goals, and recommending changes to future order quantities, deliveries, pricing or markdown strategies.
• Create pre-season sales and inventory plans by department, class and style and location and identify risks and opportunities based on current and prior performance.
• Collaborate with company cross functional partners to drive performance, share best practices and economies of scale, and create efficiency.
• Provide effective communication with cross-functional partners to address individual store needs.
• Provide insight and fact-based analysis on category, class and item performance.
• Utilize and apply understanding of competitive marketplace to assess and create business opportunities to increase sales through buying strategies.
• This role does not oversee any direct reports at this time
• Interacts with all levels throughout the organization including employees and outside vendors
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Progressive Buying experience and independent thinking a must.
• Collaborative mindset as part of a small team committed to excellence.
• Able to collaborate well with others and thrive as part of a team
• High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and ownership
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Expert at managing multiple and competing demands/projects and delivering against aggressive goals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills
• Demonstrate passion for a vibrant company culture committed to a dynamic and challenging brand transformation
• Experience as both an individual contributor and manager
• Excellent computer skills
• Analyzing information
• Retail Financial Management
• Open to Buy Management
• Product Merchandising
• Minimum 6 years of buying experience
• College Degree in a related field
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms
• Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 20 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
• The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated
• Noise levels are considered low to moderate