zzLead Technical Advisor (Technical Designer)
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
Responsible for all technical information on prototype, salesmen sample, pattern check/counter sample developments. Trains Technical Advisors on style set ups, department procedures and development processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works in partnership with the “creative” design team and Product Engineers in setting up and maintaining styles from inception through pre-production for vertical in-house styles and some partial package development
• Researches and compiles all material information, creating detailed material spec by color.
• Partners with pattern makers, knit pattern makers, sample hands and contractor representatives on technical set ups & assembly with the goal to ensure Designers vision while creating production friendly set ups
• Manages WIP information monitoring sample due dates, production release dates and holds of assigned styles on a daily basis
• Releases, monitors and troubleshoots manufacturing of prototype, Salesmen samples, Patternchecks/Countersamples.
• Leads Pattern Check/Countersamples fittings of assigned styles to outline fit & set up changes for Product Engineering Management final approval
• Participates in proto fittings to assist as note taker for Product Engineering Management through entry of fit comments into Design Database.
• Works with Costing Team on potential margin challenges finding alternative technical and manufacturing solutions
• Trains new technical advisors on style set ups, data base function and style development processes
• Hosts technical meetings
• Represents Technical Design in procedure and process meetings
• Sets up and manages difficult categories through assignment of the most complex styles
• Functions as “floater “ to balance workflow as needed
• Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
• Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
• Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
• Adheres to local, state and federal laws
• Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
• This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
• Work with Creative Team members, production ( domestic and import) representatives and other Design support departments
• Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors & contractors
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Decision Making
• Embraces Change
• Honesty & Integrity
• Design College education or degree with technical /manufacturing emphasis.
• 5-7 years of relevant work experience in fashion/design business.
• Good knowledge in the area of pattern making and product construction.
• Functional experience managing a design database program like Gallery.
• Efficient computer skills in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) and a company intranet
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Standing, walking and squatting less than fifty percent of the work shift
• Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds
• Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
• Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
• The work space is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated with the proper safety acknowledgment
• Noise levels are considered low
• Factory environment with knitting and sewing machines and other light machinery noise in the background at times