POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT (defines the major functions/purpose of the position)
Provide leadership for all aspects of accounting, including Accounts Payable and General Accounting. Responsible for the accuracy, integrity and quality of the Company’s financial statements. This position ensures the accuracy and timeliness of financial accounting data and information for purposes of making financial decisions impacting the short and long-term financial integrity and stability of the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Lead Monthly, Quarterly and Annual closing process ensuring all work is accurate and completed on a timely basis.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements, ensuring all work is accurate and completed on a timely basis (ie. profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and statement of cash flows).
• Maintain internal reporting systems and responsible for the overall consolidation of the financial results. Ensure the timely completion of standardized reporting packages which provide actual and projected financial results.
• Lead and actively participate in the annual financial audit, including work paper preparation. Serve as the primary liaison of the annual audit process from planning and scoping, to the issuance of the annual report.
• Oversee the accounting close process and continuously improve processes to scale with the organization. Develop, implement, and maintain Accounting policies, procedures, and guidelines for company financial and reporting systems.
• Provide interpretation and application of accounting procedures, principles and pronouncements in accordance with GAAP.
• Identify, research, and conclude on technical accounting issues through technical memos and accounting policies. Stay current on U.S. GAAP with the responsibility for planning, implementing, gathering data, and reporting to comply with changing requirements.
• Assist Financial Planning in preparation of the annual budget.
• Lead development of strategies for accounts payable and general accounting.
• Provide oversight for Accounts Payable. Oversee the management of multiple functions related to disbursement of cash including payment processing, cash management and accurate recording of all payments.
• Formulate policy and process recommendations that support and enhance the Company’s goals and objectives and provide for the appropriate allocation of resources.
• Establish and nurture highly effective relationships with employees, customers and stakeholders that support and advance business goals and objectives. Continually work to remove barriers to inter-and intra-department communications.
• Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
• Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
• Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
• Adhere to local, state and federal laws
• Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
• Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
• Provides coaching, direction, develops and empowers direct reports – General Accounting Team and Accounts Payable Manager.
• Ensures work flow and processes are to maximum efficiencies for business necessity.
• Interacts and supports all corporate departments. Works closely with the Finance Departments – Financial Planning, Treasury, Payroll, Cost Accounting and Accounts Receivable.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Business Acumen
• Executive presence, interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and integrity
• Strong problem-solving skills, strategic thinking skills for assessing needs and recommending changes
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written, conveying a clear and concise message with proper direction
• Team-building skills, with the leadership skillset to recruit, train, coach, and mentor top-quality associates
• Solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting software tools, and the ability to communicate and work well with IT personnel to implement changes and improvements
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required.
• 10 or more years of experience in management and leadership in public accounting or operational finance.
• CPA license required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
• Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms