Financial Services Technician I
Click to view position locations
SUMMARY: Responsible for processing and maintaining files related to various invoices and payments. Codes, enters, and verifies invoices and payments in the appropriate Human Resource Information System (i.e., Lawson). Work is performed with limited supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Processes, validates, and files a variety of invoices, orders, payments, check requests, statements and other financial documents.
- Gathers payments, check requests, and other related information from appropriate departments.
- Routes a variety of financial paperwork, including: check requests, payments, forms, and statements to appropriate departments.
- Reviews financial documents such as invoices, check requests, purchase orders, and vendor/employee payments and statements for accuracy and completeness by ensuring proper signatures, dates, codes, and other related information.
- Assists customers and employees with requests for information over the phone and in person.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves information discrepancies to ensure complete and accurate financial documents.
- Runs appropriate reports in order to review and validate financial documents.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of files and records in assigned area of responsibility.
- Compiles and organizes routine financial information in assigned area of responsibility and forwards to appropriate internal and external contacts as appropriate.
- Monitors supplies at assigned location; recommends the purchase of additional supplies when inventory reaches specified levels.
- Performs routine office activities, which may include: making copies; filing; sorting, opening, and distributing mail; entering data; faxing; and other related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Processes vendor and employee expense payments, maintains accounts payable and vendor records; creates and maintains open payables and open purchase orders; assist with Fiscal Year End Closings, and processes and reconciles travel advances and expense reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles;
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices in assigned area of responsibility;
- Knowledge of modern office practices;
- Skilled in keyboarding;
- Skilled in reviewing financial forms and paperwork for completeness and accuracy;
- Skilled in performing basic mathematical calculations;
- Skilled in maintaining files and records;
- Skilled in operating modern office equipment;
- Skilled in providing customer service;
- Skilled in routine problem solving;
- Skilled in operating a computer and related software applications;
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Skilled in communicating effectively with a variety of individuals.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One year of either accounts payable or other related experience depending on area of assignment.
- Frequent reaching, sitting, standing, walking, talking, seeing, hearing, and manual dexterity.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds.
- Work is typically performed in a standard office environment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must pass criminal history check.
- Must pass motor vehicle records check.
Pay Rate: $17.57 HOURLY