Service Support Specialist
Click to view position locations
SUMMARY: Responsible for all incoming calls for the City which includes responding to customer inquiries, concerns, and complaints regarding various departments. Responsible for researching and responding to inquiries, complaints, and concerns. Responsible for logging inquiries, complaints, and concerns using a tracking database. Accept credit card payments for various departments using various databases (e.g., SPL, HTE, and JEMS). Responsible for directing calls to the appropriate staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answers and responds to inbound phone calls, radio calls, and emails for multiple internal departments from citizens and staff. Transfers callers to appropriate internal departments and/or requested staff members as requested.
- Asks customers appropriate questions in order to assess their needs.
- Assists in the interpretation of City policies, department specific guidelines/policies, and/or ordinances for customers.
- Assesses customers’ tone of communication and responds appropriately and professionally.
- Provides customers with appropriate contact information for internal and external departments and or services to resolve specific issues.
- Researches information using various databases (e.g., SPL, HTE, and JEMS) in order to respond to customers’ inquiries, complaints, and concerns.
- Reviews customer histories using appropriate databases in order to best assist them.
- Logs all inquiries, complaints, and/or concerns received from citizens and staff into appropriate databases.
- Enters a variety of information into applicable databases and systems.
- Creates and processes work orders and dispatches crews to assist residents.
- Processes and enters payment information into applicable database and issues confirmation to customers.
- May analyze citation information and discusses options with individuals for handling citations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of telephone etiquette;
- Knowledge of various City services (e.g., waste management, courts, utilities);
- Basic knowledge of database systems;
- Skilled in operating modern office equipment;
- Skilled in providing customer service;
- Skilled in handling irate customers;
- Skilled in handling cash;
- Skilled in handling frequent interruptions;
- Skilled in performing basic mathematical calculations;
- Skilled in operating a computer and related software applications;
- Skilled in communicating effectively with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain professionalism in various situations.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One year of progressively responsible customer service experience in a high volume customer service environment.
- Experience as a customer service representative in a centralized customer service center.
- Frequent reaching, sitting, standing, walking, talking, seeing, hearing, and manual dexterity.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds.
- Work is typically performed in a standard office environment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must pass criminal history check.
- Must pass motor vehicle records check.