Information Systems Coordinator
Click to view position locations
SALARY: $58,682 Yearly USD
SUMMARY: Responsible for performing complex management analysis, research, and project and/or program coordination, development, and implementation in support of Information Systems Department. Coordinates compliance with and adherence to standards established by regulatory agencies. Work requires limited supervision and the use of independent judgment and discretion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist department management in the development, authoring, publication, and maintenance of administrative directives, general orders, standard operating procedures, and technical appendices for the enterprise.
- Performs analysis activities related to performance or operational efficiencies, which includes researching and analyzing operational, fiscal, and other data for applicable processes; conducting benchmarking research and analysis; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Coordinates key performance indicator maintenance and reporting, which includes ensuring timely and accurate submission of plans; preparing key indicator reports; reviewing, updating, and analyzing measures for consistency and applicability; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Build and maintain strong, effective working relationships with internal support teams, peers, vendors and customers as it deals with the City’s technical infrastructure.
- Coordinates relationships, reporting, and compliance with external regulatory controls, such as the Texas Department of Information Resources.
- Coordinates training efforts for the Department and enterprise as they relate to the flow of information in the enterprise.
- Consults with department management, contractors, and other officials to review projects and activities, reviews/resolves problems, receives advice/direction, and provides recommendations.
- Participates in a variety of special projects in support of departmental operations, which may include: analyzing vendor contracts; performing special studies; providing guidance and recommendations to departments to ensure organizational sustainability and maximize organizational efficiency, effectiveness, and performance; recommending cost- conscious decisions and actions; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned, which may involve irregular work hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Assists the Department Director in the preparation of the annual budget
- Assists the Department Director in the preparation of the annual strategic business plan
- Assists the Department Director in the management of the enterprise business continuity plan
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of industry standard IT management frameworks, such as ITIL, and experience with implementing such frameworks within an IT department
- Knowledge of disaster and business recovery practices
- Knowledge of government operations and processes
- Knowledge of process improvement principles and practices
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques
- Knowledge of research and analysis methods
- Knowledge of strategic planning principles
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, ordinances, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Skilled in interpreting and applying policies; procedures, codes, laws, and regulations
- Skilled in applying independent judgment, personal discretion, and resourcefulness in interpreting circumstances and making decisions where uncertainty in approach, methodology, and interpretation may exist
- Skilled in preparing and maintaining data in a work order management system that records work time/labor hours, material usage and work performed
- Skilled in mediating and negotiation conflict
- Skilled in managing projects utilizing project management protocols
- Skilled in developing performance metrics
- Skilled in evaluating quality and reviewing final work products
- Skilled in working with large electronic documents
- Skilled in conducting benchmark surveys
- Skilled in conducting best practice research
- Skilled in applying independent judgment, personal discretion, and resourcefulness in interpreting and applying guidelines
- Skilled in reading, interpreting, applying, authoring and explaining rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Skilled in preparing clear and concise reports
- Skilled in preparing executive level presentations
- Skilled in gathering and analyzing information and making recommendations based on findings and in support of organizational goals
- Skilled in operating a computer and related software applications
- Skilled in communicating effectively with a variety of individuals
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Business, Information Systems, Emergency Management, or similar fields
- 3 years of progressive experience in a related field
- Must qualify for and maintain compliance with Criminal Justice Information Systems access requirements
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Texas driver’s license
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university in Business, Information Systems, Emergency Management, or similar fields
- 3-5 years’ experience in a related field
- Hold one or more of the following certifications;
- ITIL v3
- Project Management Professional
- Frequent reaching, sitting, talking, seeing, hearing, and manual dexterity
- Occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching
- Sedentary office and outdoors work environments
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Must pass criminal history check
- Must pass motor vehicle records check