SUMMARY: Responsible for providing care and custody of detainees to include booking, finger printing, videotaping, conducting DWI blood draws, and testifying in court. Work is performed with limited supervision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of customer service principles;
- Knowledge of recordkeeping principles and practices;
- Knowledge of filing techniques;
- Skilled in handling multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Skilled in operating modern office equipment;
- Skilled in mitigating hostile situations;
- Skilled in keyboarding;
- Skilled in handling cash;
- Skilled in reading, interpreting, applying, and explaining rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Skilled in maintaining sensitive and confidential information;
- Skilled in operating a computer and related software applications;
- Skilled in communicating effectively with a variety of individuals.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One year of related experience (e.g. administrative, customer service, security, jailer).
- Must obtain CPR, First Aid, Blood Draw Certification, NCIC/TCIC Certifications and TCLEOSE Certification within one year.
- Frequent balancing, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking, seeing, hearing, smelling, and manual dexterity.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of over 100 pounds. Work is typically performed in a jail setting.
- Exposure to fumes, airborne particles, infectious diseases, criminal suspects, and prison inmates.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
-Must pass pre-employment drug test.
-Must pass criminal history check.
-Must pass motor vehicle records check.