SUMMARY: Responsible for benefit administration, including but not limited to; benefit administration, retirement, deferred compensation, employee health & wellness center and TMRS and all other forms of employee benefits. Conducts professional level human resources activities related to area benefit administration and may assist with other human resources activities as needed. Work requires limited supervision and the use of independent judgment and discretion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administer all benefit plans.
- Assist employees with benefits questions and issue resolution.
- Analyze total compensation and evaluate benefit options for the organization.
- Analyze impacts to changes in benefits including compensation and health benefits.
- Analyze and study the health care and benefit market to determine success of current practices and recommend new practices.
- Assist with the administration of employee health & wellness center.
- Administer deferred compensation and TMRS plans.
- Serve as secretary to Fiduciary Committee.
- Provide professional staff support to City departments, which includes interpreting laws, regulations, rules and policies related to human resources programs.
- Research and analyze various human resource related information or situations and recommend appropriate action based on findings.
- Research, compile, analyze and prepare various reports related to City, departmental, and/or programmatic operations and activities.
- Manage assigned contract terms and agreements. Evaluate the work of external contractors and authorizes payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of applicable human resource program management principles, practices, methods and procedures;
- Knowledge of benefit administration practices and trends in the field of the total compensation and benefit administration.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules and regulations;
- Knowledge of mathematical and general statistical principles;
- Skilled in developing and assessing human resources programs
- Skilled in conducting research and preparing related reports
- Skilled in responding to changing situation and needs;
- Skilled in collecting and analyzing data
- Skilled in administering human resource programs
- Skilled in resolving conflict;
- Skilled in planning and implementing projects;
- Skilled in prioritizing, organizing, and managing multiple simultaneous projects;
- Skilled in handling and maintaining sensitive and confidential information;
- Skilled in providing customer services;
- Skilled in gathering and analyzing information and making recommendations based on finding and in support of organization goals;
- Skilled in operating a computer and related software application;
- Skilled in communicating effectively with a variety of individuals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, General Business Administration or related field with one year of Human Resources or claims and self-funded benefit experience.
- High school diploma or GED and five years of Human Resources or claims and self-funded benefit experience.
- Experience with administering self-funded benefit plan.
- Frequent reaching, sitting, standing, walking, talking, seeing, hearing and manual dexterity.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds.
- Work is typically performed in a standard office environment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must pass criminal history check.
- Must pass motor vehicle records check.
PAY RATE: $56,425