Billing Technician #2474
Click to view position locations
SUMMARY: Responsible for billing and collecting revenues for special miscellaneous billings and performing specialized work related to processing financial transactions. Duties might include: system administration of various database programs, reviewing information for compliance with ordinances or laws, resolving issues, and maintaining financial records. Requires strong face-to-face and telephone customer service skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Bills and collects revenues for special miscellaneous billings;
- Prepares billing, serves as resource for customer questions, tracks, collects and reports revenue from False Alarm and Alarm Permit billing;
- Coordinates and collects revenues of returned/bad checks for all city departments; coordinates and provides direction to respective city department regarding status of bad checks, represents the city to banking institutions in the process of collection, provides detailed status reporting regarding the collection results;
- Coordinates and collects revenues of various Miscellaneous Revenues;
- Researches, coordinates and tracks to ensure compliance to all contractual obligations on all vendor contracts and bids;
- Monitors and processes all division vendor invoices;
- Assists in the development, research and monitors compliance of all bids and contracts for the division;
- Develops and maintains PC databases to measure functional job costing;
- Serves as payroll administrator for all division employees
- Performs complex reports or documents, complies and analyzes data, researches alternatives, and makes recommendations to ensure efficient departmental operations; compiles and generates data for various daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Coordinates with outside service providers for equipment and supplies.
- Coordinates invoices and check requests, assigns account codes and submits for payment;
- Maintains account balances for the cost center and processes purchases
- Collecting franchise fees
- Maintains record retention processes and procedures
- Maintain security systems and backup requirements
- Orders division equipment and supplies;
- Coordinates division training program;
- Coordinates division records management program;
- Coordinates, assists in the development of and monitors division budget to ensure resource control
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Skilled in providing customer service;
- Applicable knowledge of billing and collection methods
- Skilled in handling cash;
- Skilled in keyboarding;
- Skilled in maintaining records;
- Skilled in reading, interpreting, applying, and explaining rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Skilled in maintaining sensitive and confidential information;
- Skilled in operating a computer and related software applications;
- Skilled in communicating effectively with a variety of individuals
- Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures, equipment and software, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software applications, rules of grammar, practices of document preparation;
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to generate reports utilizing various computer software programs
- Ability to prepare statistical reports, presentations, memos and other related documents and functions
- Applicable knowledge of critical data analysis and recommended outcome analysis;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, database development)
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One year of customer service experience.
- Experience working in a financial environment
- Intermediate to advanced skills in AS400 or similar database
- Strong math skills (statistics or research methods and business math)
- Frequent reaching, sitting, talking, seeing, hearing, and manual dexterity.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds.
- Work is typically performed in a standard office environment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must have satisfactory criminal history check.
- Must have satisfactory motor vehicle records check.
- Must have satisfactory credit history check.
PAY RATE: $15.79 Hourly