Click to view position locations
SUMMARY: Responsible for performing entry level professional accounting and budget management analysis work such as reconciling general ledger accounts, processing internal allocations, preparing financial reports, assisting with the annual audit, providing annual budget support, investment and cash management support, debt issuance support, and performing research and analysis related to management objectives. Work requires limited supervision and the use of independent judgment and discretion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs a variety of reconciliations and prepares related reports on applicable financially related activities.
- Prepares a variety of monthly allocations and calculations and prepares related journal entries.
- Participates in preparing annual work papers and prepares related journal entries.
- Participates in preparing the City’s annual budget and related supporting documentation.
- Performs budget analysis activities. Coordinates the City’s community service funding program.
- Participates in analysis activities associated with managed competition studies.
- Coordinates performance management plan maintenance and reporting.
- Participates in a variety of special projects in support of departmental operations.
- Participates in managing banking operations.
- Participates in managing the investment of city funds
- Participates in debt issuance and management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of governmental accounting principles and practices and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Knowledge of local government budgeting principles and practices;
- Knowledge of management principles;
- Knowledge of research and analysis methods;
- Skilled in preparing journal entries;
- Skilled in performing mathematical calculations;
- Skilled in recording, analyzing, verifying, reconciling, and reporting accounting transactions and accounts;
- Skilled in preparing clear and concise statements and reports;
- Skilled in reading, interpreting, applying, and explaining rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Skilled in working with large electronic documents;
- Skilled in conducting benchmark surveys;
- Skilled in conducting best practice research;
- Skilled in gathering and analyzing information and making recommendations based on findings and in support of organizational goals;
- Skilled in operating a computer and related software applications;
- Skilled in communicating effectively with a variety of individuals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- One year of experience in finance, accounting or budgeting.
- Frequent reaching, sitting, talking, seeing, hearing, and manual dexterity.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds.
- Work is typically performed in a standard office environment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must pass criminal history check.
- Credit record check
- Must pass motor vehicle records check.
PAY RATE: $54,842