Click to view position locations
SUMMARY: Responsible for performing professional level work related to the procurement of materials, supplies and services. Duties include: gathering, reviewing and compiling specifications for bids; maintaining services contracts; maintaining the procurement module; placing newspaper advertisements; notifying vendors; developing tabulation sheets; preparing award and rejection letters; and coordinating with departments related to the procurement process. Work is performed with limited supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates and participates in the preparation of contracts for goods and services, which includes: gathering, reviewing, and compiling specifications for legally-required bid processes; placing advertisements in newspapers; notifying vendors of bid opportunities; developing tabulation sheets; collaborating with departments on award recommendations; preparing Council agenda letters, vendor awards, and rejection letters; notifying departments of bid status, expenditure amounts, and contract dates; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Administers contracts with vendors.
- Updates vendor lists.
- Responds to vendor inquiries concerning bid specifications and openings in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Provides guidance to departments on procedures and policies.
- Determines needed supplies and equipment and recommends procurement.
- Prepares various system generated reports for information such as vendors, supplies, and purchases.
- Authorizes and prepares purchase orders, interdepartmental memos/letters and provides other support related to the purchasing of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains, loads, and inputs service and commodity contract and bid information into applicable automated financial system for access by internal departments.
- Files data and information in appropriate files.
- Collaborates with internal accounts payable to resolve billing issues.
- Issues vouchers to employees for clothing/supplies and maintains related records.
- Trains new staff as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates the maintenance, development and month-end processing of print shop operations, which includes: processing billings to internal departments for print shop utilization and supplies; generating and disbursing monthly reports for budget history to departments; ensuring proper account disbursements; ordering City-wide copiers; coordinating activities with copier vendor; tracking complaints, resolving problems, and implementing copier upgrades; overseeing the performance of vendor; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Coordinates the sale of surplus items, which includes: taking photographs of items; obtaining history of items; researching items; loading items into applicable areas for viewing; obtaining and signing over titles; disbursing and depositing funds; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Assists in administering the procurement card program and/or other related credit accounts.
- Receives, records, and deposits funds related to purchasing activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of municipal procurement principles and practices;
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures;
- Knowledge of general accounting principles;
- Knowledge of basic budgeting principles;
- Knowledge of mathematical principles (e.g., simple algebra and basic statistics);
- Knowledge of vendor management principles and practices;
- Skilled in posting figures/numbers rapidly and accurately
- Skilled in using various computer software;
- Skilled in managing formal bid procedures;
- Skilled in managing vendor relations;
- Skilled in reading, interpreting, and analyzing bids, contracts, and purchasing documents;
- Skilled in providing customer service;
- Skilled in prioritizing, organizing, and managing multiple simultaneous projects;
- Skilled in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions;
- Skilled in reading, interpreting, applying, and explaining rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Skilled in preparing clear and concise reports;
- Skilled in operating a computer and related software applications;
- Skilled in written communication;
- Skilled in communicating effectively with a variety of individuals.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Coursework in General Business Administration, including procurement.
- Two years of progressively responsible procurement experience.
- One year of customer service experience.
- College Degree or procurement certifications
- Experience with on line bidding processes
- Frequent reaching, squatting, stooping, sitting, talking, seeing, hearing, and manual dexterity.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds.
- Work is typically performed in a standard office environment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must have satisfactory criminal history check.
- Must have satisfactory vehicle records check.
Rate of Pay: $23.03 per hour