We are currently in search of friendly, energetic, highly-motivated Line Cook to join our new restaurant team at Bayside Kitchen+Bar - a new bayside Little Italy restaurant. Born of the local laid-back culture of San Diego, Bayside Kitchen + Bar offers SoCal-inspired comfort foods, craft cocktails and classic bar games such as shuffle board and foosball, in a vibrant mid-century style setting. Ideal Line Cook candidates thrive in fast-paced, team-oriented environments and should be passionate about high quality food and service.
As a Line Cook, you will be responsible for producing high quality dishes in a quick and efficient manner. In addition, a Lead Cook provides leadership for Line Cooks to ensure that the kitchen line is running in an efficient manner.
- Preparing menu items according to standard recipe, plating and time standards
- Portioning, arranging, and garnishing food to ensure proper presentation
- Labeling and dating all food items that are prepped and/or opened from their original packaging to ensure proper rotation
- Ensuring quality of products prepared and served
- Stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of food products at work station to ensure a smooth service period
- Assisting other cooks during times of heavy business volume
- Covering breaks and assisting other kitchen areas during slow periods
- Assisting with storeroom duties as needed, such as receiving orders and rotating stock
- Maintaining professional communication with front of the house staff to accommodate all guest requests and special dietary needs
- Observing and testing food to ensure proper quality using methods such as tasting, smelling, or testing proper cooking temperature with a thermometer
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area
- Ensuring that equipment in work area is clean and in proper working condition
- Adhering to sanitation and safety standards
- Operating a variety of kitchen equipment
- Understanding and adhering to company policy with regards to Evolution standards as well as Federal, State & Local laws
The ideal Line Cook candidate will have a minimum of one year previous experience as a cook in an upscale high-volume, full-service restaurant environment. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Must be able to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels, instructions, and basic requests
- Must possess proficient knife skills
- Ability to use cut glove and other kitchen safety equipment
- Ability to adjust to high pressure situations and be open to change
- Ability to work where there is frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high and low temperatures and humidity
- Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
- Ability to handle, carry and/or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
- Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one
- Previous experience working in a hotel restaurant, banquet operation, or similar kitchen a plus!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for. Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.