We are currently in search of friendly, energetic, highly-motivated Position to join our new restaurant team at Bayside Kitchen Bar - a new bayside Little Italy restaurant. Born of the local laid-back culture of San Diego, Bayside Kitchen Bar offers SoCal-inspired comfort foods, craft cocktails and classic bar games such as shuffle board and foosball, in a vibrant mid-century style setting. Ideal Position candidates thrive in fast-paced, team-oriented environments and should be passionate about high quality food and service.
As Restaurant Supervisor, you will be responsible for assisting in overseeing and directing the daily operation of the restaurant. The ideal candidate is a high-energy hospitality professional and a creative, innovative thinker. Those who enjoy a strong company culture, are adept at building relationships, and have a single-minded focus on delivering quality and service excellence should apply.
Key responsibilities of a Restaurant Supervisor include:
- Supervising and directing the prompt, efficient and friendly serving of all food and beverage within the restaurant and hotel property
- Assisting servers, runners and host staff in their job duties as necessary
- Ensuring all opening, closing and running side work is completed on a daily basis
- Acting as a liaison between kitchen and front of house employees and operations
- Assisting in the training and development of team members
- Communicating effectively, giving direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance
- Working quickly and independently to resolve operational and/or guest issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through with appropriate manager(s)
- Monitoring and reviewing labor reports
- Understanding and adhering to company policy with regards to Evolution standards as well as Federal, State & Local laws
The ideal Restaurant Supervisor candidate will have had a minimum of 2 years previous supervisory experience within a hotel or in a high-volume, three meal a day restaurant environment. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Minimum of 21 years of age to handle alcoholic beverages
- Supervisory experience required
- Experience in administrative tasks such as creating work schedules, placing orders, controlling inventory
- Ability to take initiative and ownership to resolve problems
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, percentages, proportions and volumes in order to track inventory, controls and analyze financial statements
- Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
- Ability to stand, walk, and move around during entire shift
- Ability to lift and transport up to 30 pounds on a consistent basis
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with team members and guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Must have the ability to work with guests and respond immediately and accurately to their needs and requirements
- Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
- Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.