Sheraton San Jose Hotel is looking for a Housekeeping Houseperson who is passionate about hospitality, love for service, and drive to genuinely make things better for themselves and those around them. As a Housekeeping Houseperson, you will be responsible for helping Room Attendants on designated floors. You will assist in stripping guest rooms of soiled sheets; towels, cups, etc. and deliver clean sheets, towels, and other amenities as needed by the Room Attendants assigned to you. As the appearance and cleanliness of the hotel is paramount to all guests, you will ensure that the housekeeping division will meet the highest standards of quality and efficiency.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Love the look and smell of clean, be detail oriented, preferably with facility cleaning experience.
• Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
• Make rounds through the halls each shift to ensure Room Attendants have what they need to clean and prepare guest rooms.
• Work with Laundry to obtain clean sheets and towels needed by Room Attendants.
• Keep public areas clean and tidy, taking care to remove or replace anything out of order.
• Coordinate and help housekeeping with heavy lifting and priority requests.
• Maintain assigned housekeeping storage rooms.
• Use your watchfulness to report missing or found articles and any sign of damage or needed repair.
• Be graciously attentive to guests, answering questions and getting additional help when it’s needed.
• Responds quickly to room attendants and guest requests in a friendly and timely manner. Follows up to ensure satisfaction.
• Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
• Perform pre- and post-shift duties and any other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
The ideal candidate for this position
Have a general knowledge of housekeeping and cleaning standards; strong attention to details; effective communicator with housekeeping team, all hotel departments and guests; basic English required; ability to operate a vacuum, floor buffer, carpet cleaner and pressure washer is expected; flexibility in duties assigned as well as varied schedule to include days, evenings, holidays and weekends when needed; team-player; train & assist in other areas of the housekeeping department; work in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking; stand, walk, lift, bend, pull, and push for extended periods of time; participate in safety and security practices; and, provide a professional image. Friendly, fun, and radiate a positive attitude. Love the look and smell of clean!